We are looking for friendly and dedicated volunteers
who are interested in being at the heart of Family Day. Volunteers play a central role in the smooth running of all the fun activities, performances and services presented at Family Day.
By volunteering, you’ll be contributing to spreading awareness of the diversity of the family at a celebration that welcomes everyone. You’ll share your skills and gain experience of what goes into making a big outdoors event a success. You’ll have the opportunity to meet and work with other passionate people.You’ll receive a lovely Family Day t-shirt. And hopefully have lots of fun!
Family Day takes place on Saturday 27 May 2017 from 1 to 5pm in Smithfield Square, Dublin 7 with volunteer positions available from 11am to 6pm. You’ll also need to be available for an evening meeting and briefing in the lead-up to the event.
Family Day volunteer roles offered include:
- Stage assistants – supervise this area and provide assistance to performers
- Games and play area supervisors – help ensure fun and safe play
- Arts & Crafts – enjoy creating and encouraging children to create
- Set-up and dismantle crew members – dedicated people who work hard behind the scenes
- Stewards and General Services and Information – to help keep everything running smoothly and safely for all
- Children’s entertainers, face painters, jugglers, puppeteers, clowns (with some experience) – we’d love to have you with us for part or all of the event to add to the fun and will list you in the programme!